Natural and organic ingredients make for wonderful home-cooked dishes. Here are some recipes that our customers would like to share.
GINGERED SWEET POTATO SOUP
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced, fresh ginger
- 4 1/2 cups unsalted chicken or rich vegi stock
- 1/4 teaspoon each: salt; black pepper; red pepper flakes & cinnamon
- 15 ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
Heat a large soup pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirl to coat. Add and sauté onion for 4 minutes. Add potatoes and ginger, cook 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Place half the mixture in a well vented blender, cover with a towel and blend until smooth. Place in a bowl and repeat with the remaining mixture. If desired, top with pumpkin seeds or chopped peanuts (sunflower seed kernels are really good too !) chopped green onions.